Monday, March 9, 2015

My Worst Nightmare

One thing I will constantly talk about is college because that's where most of us will be soon. My dream is to go away to college to get the full experience. But there are 2 things that are stopping my dream from coming true: acceptance letters and MONEYYYYY!!!

People see me and just assume that I will get accepted to all the colleges that I want and I have nothing to worry about. That started being somewhat true, as of today I have gotten 10-11 acceptance letters. But the bad thing is that my top SUNY denied me (University at Buffalo) because of my SAT scores and I literally broke down. I am now scared that the schools I really want to go to will now deny me and now I also need to pick another top NY school. The school I really want to go to is Drexel University, but m strict parents don't want me out the state and also that school is expensive and doesn't give good financial aid, which leads to the second thing stopping my dream.
I believe I have the best combination for a person who needs help with college which is smart and broke. So far I have not won any scholarship which also has me doubting if I will ever get one. So right now I'm just doubting everything but I am praying one of my tops accept me soon so I can feel better about myself.
Hmm maybe Ill switch my top NY school to Hobart and William Smith College. Still thinking though. But anyway I also hope I win some type of scholarship soon.



1 comment:

  1. I know exactly how you feel. College will definitely be a new experience out there. It is nothing like high school. College is expensive! If you fail any of those classes, it would be considered as a waste of money. But I know you'll do great Brittney!

    ReplyDelete